overhaul / undertow

Monday, January 05, 2004




obsoletism

I went to the market today and the new Campbell's soup cans have pull-off lids now--you know, the kind with the tab. You don't need a can opener. I realized that more than 50% of the canned items in my pantry now have said pull-tab. It will be interesting to see if can openers become a historical oddity, obsolete within my lifetime. Weird. I wonder what else will become extinct...

And as a postscript to the earlier post, Underground Voices emailed me to say they were sorry to have "insulted" me. That's so funny, and now I feel like a dick. I'm sorry, Underground Voices.

they must read my site quite regularly, or how else would they know about that post?

Who ARE you people? I don't think I've met you...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home