overhaul / undertow

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Okay. So my dad's in the hospital with a bladder infection. I've been visiting him every morning before work, sometimes after, if I can get out of work in time before visiting hours end. At the paper, the editor in chief and assistant editor are gone, leaving only the publisher and myself to get out the next issue. I have friends bitching at me that I haven't replied to their story pitches, a boyfriend I haven't seen in over a week between his work and mine, my mom kinda on the verge of losing it and me up tonight baking Christmas presents for our entire extended family.

I'm running on adrenaline, apprehension, Diet Coke, and the fear that if I slow down, the earth may open up and swallow me.

Jaylinn, are you out there? I need to send you a burn of Garden Ruin (Calexico's new album, due out in April, woo!) and I can't find the address you gave me over the phone. I also can't find your phone number. Yeah, I'm a bit spazzy right now. :(

2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait a minute, YOU HAVE GARDEN RUIN???

is there any way in the world that you might be able to send me a copy, over the 'net or otherwise? I would be eternally greatful

or, if not, that's okay too I guess

ps - sorry for the random comment

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger lucinda michele said...

fuck yeah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home