overhaul / undertow

Tuesday, February 21, 2006




Pajama Party

I'm home sick today, but one of the perks of being a writer/editor is that you can work from home, in your sweatpants.

I'm finishing up a story on little radio, a web station out of Downtown that began as a pirate station, then switched to web after much grief with the FCC (and one too many nights of scrambling on rooftops and basements to set up antennae). They go multimedia on the 1st, which means a web magazine, music videos, blogs etc. Should be very cool, and it could really help launch the L.A. music scene. The station's beloved by indie rock fans worldwide and currently has shows hosted by everyone from the Beastie Boys to some chick in Italy.

LR's founder, Dave Conway, asked me to do a occasional radio show, which I just might go for. I need to get out more, and I've been missing the music scene. I dj'ed for several years at L.A.'s bastion of DIY radio, killradio, and then moved on to work with the founding of theoryradio, but never got really involved there because I was so busy with other stuff; it was really Normal who did all the work. But now, several years later, it would be nice to do a guest spot once in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home