overhaul / undertow

Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Jake, on his weblog Stray Bulletins (click lying media bastards to the left), discovered this info, from the Chicago Sun-Times:

"A brief article about contracts of network news anchors gives a couple of interesting facts. Mainly, that these anchors like Tom Brokaw and Peter Jennings make about $7 million a year. Which, by the author's math, works out to a wage of $3,365 an hour to read news off a teleprompter."

Now, here's my math.

I make about $1,984 bucks a month.

A month.

I just can't fathom it.

If these people handed me just 3 hour's worth of their wages I could pay off all my student loans. The loans I am going to have to pay back for the next twenty years.

I am so disheartened. It makes me soul-sick, to think about how much these people have, and how every day I contstantly worry about whether I'm going to have enough money to buy gas.

So many people are so much worse off than me, too.

It's such a simple concept, but it really makes you feel like these people are greedy bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home