overhaul / undertow

Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Sometimes I think it would be so nice.

To have a huge death-star-style entertainment system here in my room--there's a perfect place for it, right where the paintings are that I never ever work on--god, sometimes it's so appealing, I love all that slick technology in perfect black ergonomic plastic and charming retro stylings...

...and most of all to watch tv before work. Something about it is so...soothing. To watch reports on a few of last night's violent overreported crimes, calm and safe in the blue morning light, and the lovely stories about puppies and "women's interest" stories about weight loss and the importance of "self-time" and the evils of stress, and to wait, wait, wait for the weather report as I make my lunch for the day and eat some toast...because lord knows how I could leave the hose without seeing that most soothing of tv reportage, the weather report...

Sometimes it seems so appealing to just kinda let go, and to crave a house on a tree-lined street as my be-all-and-end-all...the hungry desire for cutting-edge fashions from minimalist west-Melrose boutiques (ah, Fornarina, and Miu Miu, how I adore thy shoes, thy urban-space-age fusions), and a sleek job in a "creative office" where I can click around importantly in expensive high-heels and have one-to-one meetings all day in a skylit corner office, discussing thigns like "synergy" and laughing uproariously, with my own assistant who has shocking purple hair and for some inexplicable reason, a nasal New York accent along with her eyebrow ring...and to be able to buy things online, no muss no fuss, whenever I wanted...and to choose the "next-day" shipping option...Pilates classes, my personal Ayurveda instructor telling me how I should eat more plums because of my constitution....

aaaargh. Save me from the effects of pop culture and the pressures for contemporary "success"...

Still, sometimes morning tv sounds so damn nice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home