overhaul / undertow

Friday, October 25, 2002




oh so fucking happy happy happy

I got tickets to go see the Dismemberment Plan in BOTH San Diego and LA!!!!! Woo wee!!!

None of the usual suspects--none of my usual musicfiend pals--could go with me, so I crossed my fingers and bought just one ticket for SD (I don't mind going to shows alone--I can do whatever I want, then) and two for LA. I'm sure I can find someone to go with me before then. I think the show is on the second or something.

So blissfully blissfully happy!

You gotta love a band whose lyric sheet includes stuff like "There are times when I think eternal life ain't such a bad gig: smoke all you want and see the planets. If and only they find a way to cure the longing, the distant panic. Someday, I'm telling you, they'll build a memory machine to wax our hearts to a blinding sheen. To wash away the grief. There are folks who say to have a soul you've got to suffer; well, lately I've had my RDA of that. And call it fascist but I know that someday Happy will be all that matters. Poetry, Aldoux Huxley--yeah, it'll be a relief. If they can make us machines to save us labor, someday they'll do our hearts the very same favor. The wails of ruined lives brought to a halt by the serene hum of computers in air-conditioned vaults."

Hot damn.

Still, as of right now, I'm in a contemplative mood, so it's Unbelievable Truth's album "almost here" on rotation. Kazaa yerself up some "Higher Than Reason" [track 10] and bliss out, euphorically, right along with me. yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home