overhaul / undertow

Saturday, February 14, 2004




I'm getting older...

...and nothing can stop it.

I'm realizing, I spend so much time getting ready for things in my life--things I plan to have happen or plan to make happen. Things I want. Things I look forward to. But there's something coming at me--I don't know when, I don't know how--one thing I can't escape, and that's the Big Trip. Death.

I won't need to pack a thing. There's nothing I can take with me. It is simply an issue of setting my affairs in order. Of being truly ready to go.

Honestly, I can't think of a life better spent, than living with the goal of making it a-ok to exit this world in peace, to drift off feeling like everything is gonna be okay.

I think I've found a tiny little answer to the bigger bits of me that needed solving as of yet.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home