overhaul / undertow

Saturday, February 25, 2006

I am 29, btw

My birthday was on the 15th of this month. I'm 29 (for real). I spent the night of Valentine's Day with my best girlfriend from high school, at the Echo with some of our mutual friends, watching Winter Flowers and waiting for Dntel to play. Because I am newly old, I got tired around midnight and went home before Dntel went on at 1 a.m. But while I was there I bought myself a birthday present: the guy who makes Hip Hop Chocolates was there, and I bought myself brass knuckles made of butterscotch clocolate and holy shit, it was great. I hate promoting myspace, but this is his myspace thing: http://www.myspace.com/hiphopchocolate.

I also got a tear painted on my face. Some sort of theme night, I guess, in conjunction with Valentine's Day. Or maybe I'm just remembering my homies.

But once it turned midnight, it was My Birthday(tm), and V-Day no more. :)

If it's true that the way you spend the first few moments of each birthday sets the tone for the coming year, this year should be good.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home