overhaul / undertow

Sunday, April 02, 2006




Grilled Cheese Invitational Update

So, yesterday my hand was about 40% functional, and I was able to make my sandwiches! And compete! But alas, no prize for me. I was robbed. I can only assume the tasters had no, uh, taste. But on the upside, my buddy (and co-editor) from work, Evan George, who'd gotten so excited by my descriptions of the GCI that he and his roommate (both former line cooks) entered, won third place in two categories! I'm so proud of him.

It makes me really happy to introduce people to new and interesting things, things that are just right for them.

In other news, the girls of gigsville are doing a group "let's all lose those stubborn final ten pounds" thing, and I figured I'd get in on it too. I'm 5'1" and 121 lbs, and while I'm within a healthy range for my age and height, I could stand to go lower, and improve my body mass index, which is now at the top end of the healthy range.

Some are doing South Beach, some are reading that "French Women Don't Get Fat" book, others swear by Weight Watchers. Anyone else got an idea for a good diet that's worked for them?

2 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skip the fad diets and focus on exercise. Weight on a scale doesn't matter so much...its about how you carry the weight, and the best way to get at certain problem areas is to exercise your ass off (literally).

I had a bit of a gut before the Aussie Rules football season began and it has literally melted away in the past couple of months of hard training, with no change in my diet at all. My scale weight is still the same, but the overall visual effect is a lot better.

I'm always looking for people who want to run with me.

Lon

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Run to the ice cream store? I'm there!

hehehehehehehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home