overhaul / undertow

Sunday, July 24, 2005




I like...

(a current list, in no particular order, and all of striking unimportance in the grand scheme of things, but also all channeling a little bit of the essence of much Bigger, Important things that are necessary for life):

-"al dente" jello made with extra gelatin so it's really hard, not sloppy and melt-y, but chewy. I add extra packets of gelatin on purpose to sugar-free jello and add low-carb (not sugar free, I am not a nazi) juice instead of water...mmm...I don't know why I like it but I do.

-dessert spoons with those long, attenuated handles that seem very elegant. I like eating all sorts of foods with them, not just dessert.

-the new Marjorie Fair album. A very unfortunate band name, though. They're from Silverlake.

-actually feeling artistically inspired for the first time in a long time. I went to a party with a lot of arty types and was reminded that, hey, I like art. And hey, I can make art. Now I just have to dig out all the art supplies. Too often I let the annoyance and difficulty of the process--it's so messy/takes so long to set up and clean up/it takes up so much space/I hate having people see my works in progress/etc etc etc---divert me from doing the actual work.

-contemplating taking the train to watch Normal cross the finish line at her run in SF this coming weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home